twitter




Thursday, June 17, 2010

What banks or credit unions have the best rates on CD, Cerificate of Deposit Accounts?

I have 5k to put in but dont know where to go I am in California. We have Wells Fargo, Wachovia, Bank of the West ,etc etc I dont care where I go as long as I can get the best rates. Thanks. I%26#039;d probabbly leave it in for a year long term, or even 6 months depends on what is better.



What banks or credit unions have the best rates on CD, Cerificate of Deposit Accounts?

Bank of America has a great short term CD starting at minimum deposit of 5K. Visit their website.



http://www.bankofamerica.com/state.cgi?s...



Enjoy your month and good luck in your findings.



What banks or credit unions have the best rates on CD, Cerificate of Deposit Accounts?

You are going to have to research them all individually as rates change quite often (especially with all the rate cuts by the fed)



What banks or credit unions have the best rates on CD, Cerificate of Deposit Accounts?

I go to www.bankrate.com - it has constantly-updated rates, which you may sort by APY or rate and choose the best option. Many times it will be an Internet-based bank, such as for example CountryWide Bank, or eLoan.Com Savings. It is a competitive market place so from time to time different banks offer the best current rate.



Also, sometimes Money Market savings accounts (%26quot;MMA%26quot;) have same or better rate then CD%26#039;s without the need to lock the funds in for a period of time.



Regards,



Investreus.



What banks or credit unions have the best rates on CD, Cerificate of Deposit Accounts?

I wouldn%26#039;t just go to the nearest bank. I would shop around. I had a cd with a bank 3 states away, but they had the best rate. I just did my transfer from my account to the cd over the phone. Rates are REALLY REALLY low right now so it will be tough to find a good one. I have included a website that I LOVE that will help you compare rates, term, and amount of money required. It helped me find a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment