twitter




Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hypersensitivity Only? My Tooth Hurts!?

My xrays from a year ago show a tiny cavity. I%26#039;ve been in and out for the last year getting 3 root canals done and all on a low budget with Care Credit. My fillings are next in line. My next apmt is on March 28th. However, 2 days ago my tiny caivty tooth started hurting right after a bowl of cold cereal. It was a slight lingering ache... almost a pusle. Then it went away and returns now everytime I brush my teeth. I took a dental tool with a mirror to take a look at the tooth since xrays were taken a year ago. The tooth still doesn%26#039;t look any different but a tiny piece of filling is missing... which is now a yellowish color. The tiny cavity hasn%26#039;t changed at all. I%26#039;m so worried this pain is associated with a root canal again. Can someone please tell me, could this just be hypersensitivity? Any professionals out there I would really appreciate the help. Going in to DDS this week for check up. Thanks.



Hypersensitivity Only? My Tooth Hurts!?

This pain doesn%26#039;t mean root canal, cavities will respond with this kind of pain, which is sensitivity to heat/cold, sometimes brushing or any similar stimulus.



Root canals pain is usually a throbbing pain of a more intense nature, it usually responds to heat/cold but keeps hurting for extended period of time (certainly more than seconds and into minutes), and most importantly it is spontaneous, meaning pain can start and stop by itself without any stimulus.



however, some root canals present with no pain at all.



if you have a small cavity a year a go, it%26#039;s unlikely to change into a root canal that fast, and hopefully it%26#039;s a filling still. but make sure you see the dentist ASAP.



Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment