twitter




Thursday, June 17, 2010

Debit/Credit Card info stolen via internet?

My computer crashed like 4 days ago, and I had not yet put Anti-virus software back on the PC...



Last night my debit card info was stolen when I entered it on a website to purchase something...



I have run the Web Antivirus Housecall from Trendmicro...



I have run McAfee anti virus...



I have also disabled uPnP on my router (it was enabled because certain programs will not work without it.)



I have also run spybot search and destroy...



All I have come up with is cookies and spyware, no virus or trojans...



How can I make sure this doesnt happen again?



(My bank is taking care of the monatary loss, I am mainly concerned with my computer security)



Debit/Credit Card info stolen via internet?

From previous experience I have also been in this situation before. I dealt with the problem by downloading Norton Antivirus and it monitors whether or not the site is fraud and does daily checks on all files on my computer. I haven%26#039;t had a problem since. I really feel secure.



Also be careful with the spybots you use sometimes they cause spyware to appear on your computer.



Debit/Credit Card info stolen via internet?

1. You need to run a firewall that hides your information on secure sites. Like Zone Alarm or Kaspersky.



2. Only go to sites that you know are OK.



3. Use paypal or other means to be one step removed from entering your information.



Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment