twitter




Thursday, June 17, 2010

Credit card debt problem, please help.?

The debt collector is driving me nuts! He called me at work tonight. I told him I was working and I couldn%26#039;t talk, and tried to get him to give me his number. He told me he HAD to talk to me, that it would only take a minute. Then he goes on to ask me all of the security questions, and by that time I was getting pissed because I was AT WORK. He tells me my balance, and tries to tell me that they%26#039;re willing to take two payments of $450 dollars. I tell him...I don%26#039;t have that much money to pay, and besides, I%26#039;m at work and can%26#039;t talk about it (by this time I%26#039;m getting rude because he won%26#039;t give me his number). So the third time I attempt to get his number, he finally gives it to me. Now, what am I supposed to do tomorrow when I call? I can%26#039;t pay the amount that they%26#039;re trying to set up, and I know they%26#039;re not willing to make any other payment arrangements or settlements from a previous conversation. I want to take care of this but they%26#039;re options won%26#039;t work for me!



Credit card debt problem, please help.?

What did you spend the credit card money on? Can%26#039;t you sell it on eBay or pawn it?



As much as I hate debt collectors, $450 doesn%26#039;t seem like an awful amount to pay.



Credit card debt problem, please help.?

Your collector is going to keep calling you at work because he knows it will drive up the pressure for you to pay him off.



If you owe $900 already, and you are not paying, your debt is about to speed up realy quick because of the way interest compounds. To make things worse, every credit card account on the planet has a provision that will crank up your interest rate the second you miss a payment.



You need to jump up and nip this in the bud before it becomes a huge problem. Also google for predatory credit counseling services before you even lift that phone. A good place to learn about those is message boards where people in bankruptcy (or looking into it) like to hang out.



Credit card debt problem, please help.?

Need more info.



Most will work with you, but they will put up a strong front first. Tell them you will send them %26quot;x%26quot; amount and that you are going to seek help from a financial counselor. Ask them if they have a preference on who you should contact.



That will let them know you are serious.



I would contact Crown Financial Ministries and see if they have anyone in your area. They are usually free and they can help you make a budget and assist you in a re-payment plan if neccesary.



God Bless



Credit card debt problem, please help.?

Contact a credit-counseling service, but make sure they have a good clean reputation. I have, myself, used a service twice and I will gladly refer you to them. They did everything they said they would; consolidated my debts, stopped them from calling, eliminated many accrued fees, and even, well they made me call and do this last one myself, came to an agreed settlement of half of what I had built up. Sure it took a while to eliminate the debt through the monthly payments, but it was well worth it!!



Good luck!!



Credit card debt problem, please help.?

go to local srtip club and dance. u willmake about 100 a night until u dont need to strip. why not? if u ever wanted to try? this is the time. have fun with life.



good luck



Credit card debt problem, please help.?

Ignore everything up to this point as it%26#039;s pointless rambling (except maybe the stripper comment *wink*)



This is a common issue with creditors but rejoice as I have some good news for you. It is ILLEGAL for creditors to call you at work (or at all) if you tell them not to. It is illegal for them to threaten ANYTHING on you at all, even if they have the ability to do so. All of the above are things you can sue for.



This is what you need to do:



1) Write a letter stating that the creditor is NOT to contact you by phone ever again. Mail it by CERTIFIED mail.



2) Call the number you were given and explain that you sent them a letter to request that they not contact you again. If they do, they will be in violation of the FCRA and the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) and you will seek legal counsel.



3) Figure out an amount that you CAN pay each month on the debt. Try to make it higher than the amount of interest you are being charged monthly. Send that payment to the creditor. They HAVE to accept any payment you send, no matter how small. This wont keep them from showing that you are late on the credit reports, but it will help to lower your debt.



Credit card debt problem, please help.?

Here are some good info on managing debt



http://www.themillionaireblog.com/catego...

No comments:

Post a Comment